Friday, April 20, 2007

Out the door

There's something about getting everyone out the door towards work and school. PE and DJ will lay in bed for a full 90 minutes after the alarm clock goes off, often partaking in morning delight, but definitely not getting ready. Kidlet will often wake himself up, get dressed haphazardly yet somehow matching, and dive bomb for the television.

The Otherh just might be working very soon, which would mean one more shower, breakfast and dressing to get done before everyone takes off. Should he nab (knock wood) the gig for which he interviews today, he'd be the PE taxi and DJ would take kidlet to school, I'm pretty sure. Everyone then would be on time. Now, I don't think the routine really affords them punctuality, except for the kidlet, who is five minutes away.

It would be nice for me to get back in that 5-am yoga swing I had last year, but I'm not entirely certain that's possible. For one I'd have to wake up at 445 to find the television by 5am. Luckily, though, there is a show on at 11 to which i can yogafy. I'm terrible practicing by myself. I need the company of strangers on a tv set. Eventually, I'd like to go back to a studio, but that's long term planning, something at which I don't particularly excel.

Giving up things is hard. In moving here, the Otherh have a lot of shedding to do, which will likely wind up in a storage locker. I'm less freaked out about how the moth will make it with out our continued support. I'm irked that she'd like to insert herself here, despite the objections of all. She can do it herself, she _is_ an adult. Ah well. At least there are opportunities for everything.

The Otherh interviews for a short-term contract today, which I expect will go swimmingly, as he's great at interviewing and woke up un-sick. All I have today is cupcakes at the kidlet's school for his birthday celebrate. His birthday is Tuesday, same as mine. I wish I could give him a present, I might be able to find something Tuesday that he'll like for ten minutes. I'm thinking lego or playdoh or some creative books, but we'll just see. Those of course, are the things I'd like for my birthday.

No comments: