Monday, April 23, 2007

On the hunt

the Otherh just survived another interview (phone), which is good and bad. Bad because it's not a job he wants or really feels he can do, good because every one down is closer to the gig that's just right. Contracting is a shitty way to make a living, but it's what we have right now. He's fielding a lot of requests for his resume in word, because they can't copy his resume off the website to which he posts (silly silly recruiters.) Actually, requests for resumes, or invitations to apply, are very good things. Some of them are jobs he's already had, some of them are jobs to which he's already been submitted (a bad thing to be submitted twice, you just get tossed into the circular file, generally.)

Today I'd like to do something about moving in, but I don't have the gas, energy and werewithal to really devote myself to that. So I'm planning a tomorrow of this sort. I will, tomorrow, go and pack some china, fill my car with more clothes, do our laundry and build shelves. oh and bring hangers. Also, will drive the moth up to get her new car, which is in Georgetown. Today might be for writing, or playing with the Otherh, as I cleaned the kitchen last night and don't know where the bin for clothes is, rightly.

It is comforting that the DJ and the PE are very confident in our abilities to make a difference here. They are beautiful, and I appreciate them both very much.

Which isn't to say I don't appreciate the Otherh. For him my heart is full, and other places too.

We should eat breakfast, as the coffee has gone cold.

No comments: