Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Week Later

I'm a year older, so is Eeyore!

Tuesday the family got me mcdonald's (guilty pleasure) and champagne to celebrate my birthday. It was delightful, with much affection shared. Saturday we drove into Austin to join a _lot_ of other people to celebrate the birthday-less Eeyore, a tradition in town, for the last 44 years.

There were pot brownies delivered to the shady place we found to set up our camp chairs. Mmmm brownies. A headache (mine) ensued later in the day and we gathered up our stuff, after sitting in shade and sun for the better part of six hours, enjoying craft foods and beers and we made our way home. My headache got worse, and i laid under an icy washcloth for an hour and a half until the brownie I ate
Just
Totally
Kicked
My ass.

I don't know much about the aphrodisial effects weed may have, but it sure had such on me. After copious gigglings and much sharing of weird, funny songs, we enjoyed the bedlympics.

This isn't to say this is how it always is in the polyfamily. This is how it sometimes is. Those sometimes are _very_ enjoyable, however, and don't deserve to be excised on account of a pg rating. I love bodies, I love many bodies, and we have a nice quad in which we can enjoy each other, independently, paired off, or as a whole. Saturday was one of those "everyone" nights. I got very sick from the weed, and DJ went off to read while we tried to sleep.

The Otherh and the PE babysat me as the world went into overdrive and spun me around the rooms.

Sunday, we nested. The Otherh and PE hung out, overtired from the sunny saturday, and DJ and I did house things, mostly DJ doing them. He got the kidlet involved as well, drill-sargeanting him into cleaning up a wall splattered with kidlet foods. Despite all the protests the kidlet could muster, he wasn't going to get out of his share.

When it comes to the kidlet, I take a lot of cues from DJ, his step-dad. Everyone here looks at homework, takes turns retrieving him from daycare, and making sure he gets in the shower.

It means the world to me that we're part of this life, here.
The whole world.

No comments: